Monday, June 21, 2010


Cry Sanctuary

Keith Winston has come home to Montana to find peace. Instead, the veteran warrior finds himself fighting pressure to become the alpha's right hand. His attraction to a new wolf on the run sucks him into yet another battle between his instincts and his heart.

Abigail Adler knew nothing about werewolves--until she became one. Red Rock is her only refuge, but she chafes under its rigid rules. Except when it comes to submitting to the passion Keith stirs in her body. With her sister in danger, though, they will both have to risk breaking all the rules.

Sanctuary Lost

Brynn Adler hates feeling helpless and vulnerable. But that's right where she is...in a world of werewolves. Worse, her sister Abigail is one of them. The pack wants to send her packing, yet she's unwilling to leave--her sister, or the one man who makes her forget her life is falling apart.

Joe Mitchell knew getting involved with Brynn was a bad idea. A supernatural war is no place for a human, and he's not about to let her make a decision that will bring pain and regret. Now all he has to do is let her go.

I have been meaning to read this series since I love her Southern Arcana series. So I was looking forward to reading this one and was tickled pink when I won this print from Moira Rogers during one of her chats at Samhain's yahoo group. This book was a great read. It has great characters and a story that keeps you engrossed. My only problem with the stories was that is was too short and therefor the character development wasn't as detailed as I liked. The story of the primary characters wasn't as clear as I wanted. Like in the first one I would have been interested in how and why Abby was turned and how she reacted afterwards. And there were certain secondary characters that I wanted to know more about their back history. Some of these issues were resolved in the second story. Since some of those said secondary characters are getting their own story I hope to have the answers to all my questions in those later books.

If you love sexy shifters with a pinch of witches and some downright stuborn humans and former humans you'll love this book. I highly recommend it and give it 4 stars.

No comments: