Friday, January 23, 2015








Blood Red: The Complete First Season

Paranormal Romance
Date Published: January 15, 2015

Evie Williams lives a boring life – and she likes it that way. Her world is very black and white. Routine is good. Excitement is bad. She’s happy to play by her self-imposed rules. After all, they help her keep her abusive, stalker ex-boyfriend at bay. Or so she believes…

But there’s more to the world than Evie could possibly imagine. Elves, vampires, witches and pro-Humanity terrorists are very real – and she can sense the danger they pose to her and others. Worst of all, they just realized how precious Evie’s gift is.

As the world Evie never imagined possible closes in on her, Chris, the vampire in charge of studying Evie, is getting more and more interested in her… and it has nothing to do with his loyalty to his vampire father.



Blood Red: The Complete First Season is a story of unlikely heroes, damsels who refuse to be in distress and political conflicts solved by fights to the death.


At first this book was a tad confusing because there were quite a few story lines going on at once. There is Evie's ability and her dealing with it which is sort of a lie/danger detector and the fact that she's of "royal" blood in the hunter society and by hunter I mean not the nice one that hunts the bad "Myth's" they are hunter's who loathe all myth's good bad or indifferent. Also one of her friends is a witch who is keeping tabs on her and two of her other friends that are of "royal blood" too. And last but not least is her stalker Dan and her new love interest which happens to be a vampire. And poor Evie is dealing with all of this at once has her going in circles at times but she handles it very well most times. By the time I got close to the end of the book I was truly enjoying it. This is a new to me author but I would definitely read more by her.
I have one complaint and even though I don't do spoilers or try not too anyhow I just want to say if you don't like cliffhangers then this is not for you because it definitely does leave hanging rather abruptly. Even so I it was a good read so I am going to give it 4 stars. I am not a patient person so I am itching to read the next one but I guess I'll be waiting until the summer.

I was given this book in exchange for a fair and honest review by the author.


No comments: