Saturday, July 25, 2015

Review: The Bontanist by L.K. Hill

The BotanistThe Botanist by L.K. Hill

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



In the heat of the desert, Detective Cody Oliver inadvertently stumbles upon a strange garden adorned with exotic flowers. Upon closer inspection, he finds the garden is but a cover for the scores of bodies buried below. Soon, the small town of Mt. Dessicate plunges into chaos as journalists, reporters, and cameramen from across the nation descend upon the tiny, desert town to get a piece of the action.

Along with the media, a mysterious woman appears. She may be the only person who has come face to face with the killer, dubbed the Botanist, and lived to tell the tale. If Cody can't piece together a timeline of the land the crime scene is located on, decipher how the woman's mysterious past is connected to the killer, and bring the Botanist to justice, he may lose the people he values most

An interesting read. It was pretty easy to figure out who done what and who went where and with whom. I won this book and thought it sounded interesting so I read it. My only peeve was that we never really found out who the killer was and why he was killing. In this day and age it shouldn't be this hard to identify someone. The ending was a little bit of a let down. Not sure what happened with Alex's father and whether they ever told him who she was or not. There were several loose ends that I needed cleared up. I am going searching for the authors website to see if this a going to be a to series or no.
I give this 4 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments: