Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Review Web of Lies by Jennifer Estep



Curiosity is definitely going to get me dead one of these days. Probably real soon.

I'm Gin Blanco.

You might know me as the Spider, the most feared assassin in the South. I’m retired now, but trouble still has a way of finding me. Like the other day when two punks tried to rob my popular barbecue joint, the Pork Pit. Then there was the barrage of gunfire on the restaurant. Only, for once, those kill shots weren’t aimed at me. They were meant for Violet Fox. Ever since I agreed to help Violet and her grandfather protect their property from an evil coal mining tycoon, I’m beginning to wonder if I’m really retired. So is Detective Donovan Caine. The only honest cop in Ashland is having a real hard time reconciling his attraction to me with his Boy Scout mentality. And I can barely keep my hands off his sexy body. What can I say? I’m a Stone elemental with a little Ice magic thrown in, but my heart isn’t made of solid rock. Luckily, Gin Blanco always gets her man . . . dead or alive.

I love this series. But this blurb is not all together accurate. I wish it was but you can't have every thing. Gin does meet a sexy new man in this book but I can' help thinking that he's too good to be true. This is the second book in Ms. Estep's
spider series and to me this one didn't suffer in any way for being the sophomore book in this series. I think this one was better than the first and Gin is evolving into what she always was which was not really an assassin but a problem solver. She just sometimes permanently solves problems which works for me lol. I give this one 4 1/2 stars.

I am so looking forward to reading the next one. Thankfully I won't have long to wait. Venom comes out on September 28, 2010.

No comments: