Friday, April 1, 2016

Review: Heart Legacy By Roben D Owens


The award-winning author returns to her “wonderfully imaginative”* world of Heart Fire and Heart Fortune for an all-new Celta novel about a young woman’s destiny, and the one man whose love could be her downfall.

After the death of GrandLord Yew years ago, the Yews withdrew to their self-sustaining estate and disappeared from Celtan society. The current head of the household is believed to be eighteen-year-old Loridana. To find out, Draeg Blackthorn has been sent to the estate to spy, undercover as a stableman for the stridebeasts—beautiful creatures that hold a place in Lori’s heart no member of her family ever could.

Bullied by her family, Lori has decided to abandon her bloodline and live on her own with her true family—her animals. When Draeg discovers she’s rejecting her heritage, he’s appalled. He’s come to love the land as much as the woman, even spinning small fantasies of marrying Lori and becoming Lord and Lady of the manor. Draeg wants her to stay and fight her elders. For Lori, it’s an alternative that could render her absolutely powerless to pursue her own destiny, and drive her further away from her perfect dreams and the man she loves, Draeg.

I want to start by saying that I've loved this series for a long long time. This story wasn't my favorite though because even though I liked Lori at the end she wasn't my favorite through out the story. She had so much flair and was so strong that way but she didn't stand up for herself at all. But that is probably my issue since I'm sure her family would have killed me because I'd have told them all off lol. As for the story it was a continuation of the Yew/Holly story line and I am glad that now most icky members of the Yew family has been excised one way or the other. I hope that now this family and estate will grow and prosper. I love the fams in this series and this one was no exception. We were introduced to a different type of fam and of course Lori's personal flair was really interesting. I can't wait to see where Roben takes us in this series.
I give this book 4 stars and I bought it with my own personal money.




No comments: