Saturday, February 11, 2017

Review: Diablo Lake: Moonstruck by Lauren Dane

In Diablo Lake, Tennessee, a town populated by werewolves, witches and more, magic woven deep into the earth protects the town's secrets from outsiders.

Katie Grady left Diablo Lake to get over a humiliating breakup. But her family needs her help, so she's back, in a sublet right across the hall from the guy she's lusted after for years. Jace Dooley is hotter than ever, and their friendship picks up along with massive doses of grown-up chemistry.

The very scent of Katie sharpens Jace's canines, makes the wolf within him stir. There's nothing more alluring to a Pack Alpha than a sexy female who is so very in charge. She won't be coddled, but if he plays his hand just right she might be convinced to become his.

Katie presents a challenge to Jace's wolf nature, whose chief instinct is to protect. Especially now that she's coming into the magic that is her birthright—and suddenly Jace isn't the only one who's interested in Katie or the raw power she's just learning to use.


As a long time reader of Ms. Dane's books I was tickled to see a new were series from her. And this had one of my favorite paranormals. I so love books about witches.. And this was an excellent read. Katie Faith is a fantastic heroine. She smart, funny, loyal and sassy as all get out. And oohlala I'd be tickled to find me a mate like Jace. He's everything a were leader should be.and great man for a mate.


Now we can't say that about Darrell Pembry. He is a total jackass. Him and his parents too. I am so glad that Katie Faith gave him what for. Can't say I blame her. Between him and his mama Scarlet they treat Katie Faith awful. And they way his mama talks about Jace and Jace's dad who is not spoken about wasn't nice atall. My only complaint is that we never found out what Jace's dad did that had Scarlet so wound up and got him killed.

This book ends in a HEA but there are threads of story woven in that aren't completely resolved. I am hopeful we find out more about what happened with Jace's daddy because Jace's and the rest of his siblings need to know and that the animosity between the Dooley's and the Pembrey's is lessened.

I give this book 4 stars and I was glad I had the next book in the series because I started reading it immediately. I was given this book via Netgalley in consideration of a review. If you like sassy, smart heroines and strong, sexy alphas with a cast of characters who had me snickering, swearing, and cheering through the whole book click on the link and purchase your own copy.








I l

No comments: