Saturday, June 24, 2017

Review: Snared by Jennifer Estep

Irony 101—The Spider herself snared in someone else’s web …
Another week, another few clues trickling in about the Circle, the mysterious group that supposedly runs the city’s underworld. Gathering intel on my hidden enemies is a painstaking process, but a more immediate mystery has popped up on my radar: a missing girl.
My search for the girl begins on the mean streets of Ashland, but with all the killers and crooks in this city, I’m not holding out much hope that she’s still alive.
A series of clues leads me down an increasingly dark, dangerous path, and I realize that the missing girl is really just the first thread in this web of evil. As an assassin, I’m used to facing down the worst of the worst, but nothing prepares me for this new, terrifying enemy—one who strikes from the shadows and is determined to make me the next victim.

I have made no secret that I love this series and recommend it to anyone who loves Urban Fantasy as much as I do.  But I am constantly amazed at how Ms. Estep keeps coming up with the sick and twisted characters she does. Probably says something about me that I love it so much lol. But the main bad guy in this one is truly one sick twisted freak.
We also have the whole gang back in this one. I love that about her books. Even though most are not blood kin they are kin that were chosen and that type of family is usually the best to have. We also find out more about Gin's mama and see snippets of her past.  And as in real life we learn in this book that most folks aren't truly good or evil they sort of walk the grey line. Makes for more interesting lives and books.

On one hand I am hoping that we find out about the circle soon and that Gin kills them all but on the other I hope that doesn't mean the end of this series.  Either way I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment. I give this book 5 stars and I was given it in exchange for consideration of a review which in no way influenced my opinion of this book.

No comments: