Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Review: Mark of the Demon by Diana Rowland


When Homicide Detective Kara Gillian finds traces of arcane power on a body, she quickly realizes that this is no ordinary murder. The serial killer known as the Symbol Man is a nightmare that Beaulac, Louisiana thought had ended three years ago, but now he's back for an encore and leaving every indication on the flesh of his victims that he is well-versed in demonic lore.

However, Kara is a Summoner of Demons, and may be the only cop on the city's small force who can stop the killer. Able to see and interact with a world most people can't, Kara must draw on her skills as a police officer and master of the arcane to stop the Symbol Man from killing again and possibly summoning something even she can't control.

But with a demonic lord of unearthly beauty and power haunting her dreams, and a handsome yet disapproving FBI agent dogging her waking footsteps, she may be in way over her head....

I absolutely loved this book. Kara is a great heroine and she has two amazing heroes one a sexy demon lord and an FBI agent who has secrets of his own. This book kept me turning pages long after my bedtime because I simply couldn't put it down. It was way different than anything I've read in a long time and I was extremely disappointed that the newest one in this series wasn't available at Walmart today even though it was released yesterday. May have to go on a road trip to the B&N this weekend. Hate that since it is an hour away from my house but for this one I'll make the drive lol.

I give this one 5 stars.

This book was purchased by me for my personal pleasure.

No comments: